Friday, June 4, 2010

The Last Day of First Grade and Field Day

If I said I haven't shed a few tears about the end of 1st grade I would be lying.
Marcus has had a fantastic year.
We LOVE his teacher, Ms. Mandic.
He has had a total LOVE of learning.
And he has made some Great friends!

Field Day At West End is a BIG deal.
All the first grades tie dyed t-shirts.
There are these super fun bounce houses. Which is where I spent the day helping.
The kids have soooo much fun playing games, going on the bounce houses, eating snow cones and cotton candy, going in the dunk tank, and basically being wild all day.


Marcus loved playing in the Battle Dome (basically dodge ball in a bounce house you can imagine the good times) he also loved the Shark Attack Slide (I don't have at ton of pictures because I spent most of the day running the Battle Dome.
The Fallon Fire Department brings a water truck for the kids and we close off the whole street so they can play.
Marcus was very into the sponge war game.
It was a great day to end a great year.
Thanks Ms. Mandic for instilling in Marcus a love of learning!
(yep I'm crying again)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

That made me cry! I agree, a great year with wonderful kids and families. I was so very lucky!
Cute pictures, I will definitely keep up with you guys over the summer.