Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Sister Exchange

Rachel loved that hard backed copy of the first Harry Potter Lynlee got her. Apparently the hard back is not easy to find and doesn't come cheep. Rachee is a huge Harry Potter fan and I quote, "I wish Harry Potter was real soooo bad. I think about it everyday."
Nicole got Lynlee this awesome clock. We all coveted it!
Jenny hit the mark with this Origins gift box and the gift card to Sephora.
I think Jenny liked the GAP boyfriend jeans I got her and the plastic storage bins (she asked for them and who am I to judge).
Melissa loves to give a themed gift and she did a great job with my last name DAHL. I love the Pottery Barn wire letters, personalized stamp (I have been wishing for one of these for years) and Christmas door mat.
Mel was thrilled to see the new makeup brushes Rachel picked out for her (hers have seen better days unless you liked putting on makeup with what feels like toothpicks). She also got this adorable t-shirt from Sundance.

We have been exchanging sister gifts for years. We LOVE it so much that we have made a solum vow to never stop doing it. I mean even if times are so bad that we have to find a pretty rock and give it. It is so fun to shop for that perfect. It is even more fun to watch them open it. This year the gifts were great as usual.

I love my sisters. Anyone who knows me well has probably heard me say, "I don't have time for friends, I have 5 sisters" and I mean it. I feel so blessed to have them. The older I get the more I realize how rear and lucky I am that we love each other so much. That doesn't mean we don't get on each others nerves at times but it is the kind of situation where I can say, so and so is driving me crazy but no one, not even Nathan, had better agree with me because I will defend them to the death. Anyone who is close to their sisters knows what I mean!

No comments: