Thursday, December 10, 2009

It's a SNOW DAY!!!!!

This is a sight you don't see very often in Fallon.
Too Cute!
Fenn was so excited to get outside he didn't take the time to put on his snow boots.

Lets ride!
So happy together.
What a great way to spend a day!
Looks fun!
Because we so rarely have snow most of us don't have proper snow gear. We had to make due with what we could scrounge together. Thank goodness for dryers.
I built a big fire to warm us up after playing in the snow.
Marcus saw this mask and quickly stole it from me.
Grandma brought the girls to watch the boys ride the tubes.
I mocked Nathan when he offered me this hat first thing in the morning. I quickly changed my mind after driving the 4-wheeler.
At first Hazel thought it might be fun to be ouside in the snow but then...
she realized it was not.
"Look Mom no hand!"
Maleen loves a 4 wheeler ride. She would not be denied.
Mind you she cried so hard Grandma had to take her home when we made her get off.
The boys went around and around Manchester Circle until they were frozen, tired and in tears!
This is what real fun looks like at the end of the day.

These are the four magical words I wished to hear when it started snowing Sunday night. I knew the chances of that happening were slim to none. Fallon had not had a snow day for almost 20 years. But then at 6:45 AM the phone rang and I heard the words I had wished to hear. I was to excited to sleep so I woke up Nathan and Marcus to share the exciting news. I then called Aunt Mel and Grandma to make plans.

The day started with breakfast and grandma's then off to Tedford's to get tubes. We pulled the boys around and around Manchester Circle on the tubes behind the four wheeler. They after they were frozen we headed up to my house to warm up by a fire. Grandma and Grandpa volunteered to keep the girls, they are both struggling to get over colds.

After warming up we headed back outside. It was an amazing day. One I will never forget. I am so lucky to be able to stay home and make these memories with my kids. I am also lucky to share such great experiences with my sisiter and her kids! Love you guys.

1 comment:

Lynlee said...

I love that Jelly has a shirt that says I love snow days! Perfect!