Monday, June 23, 2008

My First Day of Work

As I have said I am trying to have a good attitude about my new job. I woke up early to make sure I got their on time and was dismayed to find that we had no hot water. Apparently a fuse blew to our boiler during a thunder storm. Despite that my fist day was pretty predictable considering I am working for the State.

I arrived to find out that no decision had been made about what exactly I would be doing. I have no computer because the powers that be are still deciding how to get me one. My office wasn't cleaned out and so I spent most of my morning cleaning it out of all the junk that had collected in it. Apparently it acted as the catch all for everything nobody knew what else to do with. I then spent the rest of the day completed a two inch thick packet of paper work. However, by the end of the day a decision was made about my position (I am happy because it is the position I wanted!) and I am able to go to a training on the State's computer system tomorrow (not that it will do me any good if I don't get a computer).

Marcus took my going back to work remarkably well. In fact my ego is a bit bruised because he could care less. I rushed over to my Mom's to see him at lunch and he didn't have the time of day to give me. He was very busy playing with his new super soaker. My arrival home was a little better as he ran and threw his arms around me. But he was quickly off again. I swear this is harder on me than it is on him.

All and all I am truly lucky to have gotten this job as the State has a hiring freeze right now and my old boss was willing to pull strings to hire me. I am double blessed to be living close to family now so that Marcus can get all the love he could ever want.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Love the blog Katie! Great adoption quotes that I'll probably end up stealing from you :) Good family pic too.

Anonymous said...

WOOOOHOOOO!! Thank you Nathan for letting Katie have a blog! Which I love by the way. We totally miss you guys!!! It sucks not having any friends. It better have been crappy for you too! At least you've got family. I am so with you, I cannot wait for this year to be over. That's awesome that you got a job with the state and that you have family to watch Marcus. Hope that goes well. I'm excited to be able to keep in touch now!!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to tell you that Lily still walks around with a phone on her ear saying "Hi, Katie! How are you?" It's pretty cute.