Sunday, March 20, 2011

Christmas Sunday

I love Chrismtas Sunday.
The music & everyone dressed up in their new Christmas outfits.
This Christmas Sunday didn't go quite according to plan
Things were rolling along smoothly.
The kids had been bathed.
Marcus's hair had been fluffed and oiled/greased.
Maleen's hair was blow dried just waiting for pigtails and curls.
And then I heard Marcus  yell four word that will derail
a Sunday morning...
"No, not the coconut"
To most of you this probably doesn't mean a thing but my stomach instantly dropped.
When I ran back into the bathroom I found that Maleen had indeed smeared gobs and gobs of coconut oil through her hair (picture thick coconut smelling Vaseline).
I threw her back into the tub washed her hair four times and nothing.
I ended up having to pull her hair into two oily buns.
The next day I did some serious research to get it out.
I tried powder, dish soap, Tide, egg white, and finally peanut butter.
Needless to say I am much more careful with the coconut!!!

No comments: